Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Comics/Graphic novel


Do I really read comics? No, I dont. But I do collect them. I just love to look at it and see how it evolves from time to time. The drawing, the art itself, the advert in the comics and the words are intresting for me. The evolution of comics that I see in the comics that I have which is frm the 5o's, 70's, 8o's, 90's and up to the 22nd century are just amazing.

The 'old school' are more 'real' to me as the drawings are drew and not being edited by computer. They also have a lot less of colours and the writer also uses a 'cartoon' kind of expression. However, the comics these days have become more serious but in a fantasy way.
Above is an example of a 1952 Sensation Comics publish by National Comics Publications. You can see the colours that been used are minimal and the drawings are more human like compare to these days mangga or very 'cartoonish' look alike. On the other hand, the one the right is from the 80's.
This reflect not only the comics industry, but even the world nowadays where aesthetic values are viewed differently. It is a very subjective matter to be discuss of. However, I do believe that a lot of people out there appreciate everything which is considered 'old school' stuff from cars, watches, painting, pen, to even comics.
No matter what do you called it, comics, graphic novel, or child book, the production of these thing reflect the era, the people, the industry when it is being publish.


It is always about how u look at things.... =P

No comments:

Post a Comment